How can I request a feature?
Anyone can request a feature in the backlog category of our community forum. The first step, however, is to check and see if someone else has already made a similar request. Please search the forum before making any requests.
If no one has made the request you’d like to make, click the New Topic button in the upper right hand corner of the backlog category. You’ll be provided with a template. Please fill it out carefully. The more information the better. Then just submit and make your request.
The template closes with the inclusion of a community poll. The community can upvote each other’s requests to help us prioritize.
Q1. What is the problem that you are trying to solve? Explain with a short paragraph what are you trying to solve with this change request or new feature. Focus on the problem: how would you measure if the problem is solved or the situation better than before?
Q2 - Who is impacted? How many people are affected by this issue or how many would benefit from this new feature? Is this for everyone or a specific group?
Q3 - Why is it important and/or urgent? Is it strategic? Does it help us achieve your own community objectives? Is it linked to another project that can have a big impact?
Q4 - What is your proposed solution? (optional) Use this section to be describe how you would solve this problem if you have a preference or ideas on how to move forward. The more complete the proposal the better, so feel free to add:
- user stories. Examples: as a logged in user I receive an email notification when a password is changed.
- test scenario in the “given, when, then” format
- additional functional / non functional requirements.
Q5. Community support People can vote for this idea to show traction
- Must have: this is critical for me to have this
- Should have: this is important for me to have this
- Could have: this could be nice to have
- Won’t have: we should not schedule this (explain why)