How should I report a bug?
If you have ever seen a piece of software that functions exactly as it’s supposed to 100% of the time… nevermind, that is an improbable dream.
Reporting a bug
We work hard to squash the bugs in passbolt, so if you find something not quite right, please file an issue on our github repo.
- Make sure you have a GitHub account.
- Submit an issue
- Check first that a similar issue does not already exist.
- Make sure you fill in the earliest version that you know has the issue if it is a bug.
- Clearly describe the issue including steps to reproduce the bug
Reporting a security Issue
Please send us an email at [email protected]. Do not use Github or any other public channels. We ask that you keep the issue confidential until we have a fix and an announcement ready.
Once the security issue confirmed, our team will take the following actions:
- Try to first reproduce the issue and confirm the vulnerability.
- Acknowledge to the reporter that we’ve received the issue and are working on a fix.
- Get a fix/patch prepared and create associated automated tests.
- Prepare a post describing the vulnerability, and the possible exploits.
- Release new versions of all affected major versions.
- Prominently feature the problem in the release announcement.
- Provide credits in the release announcement to the reporter if they so desire.