Upgrade to Passbolt Pro
There are many ways you can upgrade your version 2 Community Edition (CE) to Passbolt Pro. This page list the options and will point you to the right manual.
Upgrade from CE v2
Passbolt is reported to work on a large variety of operating system configurations. Therefore this help page is a generic guide that should work for most environments.
If you run into any issues with your particular configuration, please check the forum. Maybe someone else has had your issue. If not, make a post and the community will try to help you.
- Any Unix-like major distribution (Debian, Centos, Ubuntu, *BSD)
- A webserver (Apache or Nginx)
- A TLS server certificate for HTTPS
- PHP >= 7.0.0
- MariaDB/Mysql >= 5.5.59
The following PHP extensions (that may or may not come by default):
- PHP-GNUPG: for key verification and authentication.
- Cakephp default requirements: Intl, mbstring, simplexml
- Image manipulation: gd or imagick
- Database: Mysqlnd, pdo, pdo_mysql
- Some general default: xsl, phar, posix, xml, zlib, ctype, curl, json.
- & more depending on your configuration (for example if you want to use memcache for sessions).
This article was last updated on February 10th, 2021.