Update passbolt on RockyLinux
For this tutorial, you will need:
- A minimal RockyLinux server.
- Passbolt RockyLinux package installed.
1. Take down your site
It is generally a good idea to stop running the site prior to the upgrade. This is to avoid having side effects such as active users corrupting the data in the middle of an upgrade.
$ sudo systemctl stop nginx
2. Backup your database
It is recommended to always perform a backup of your passbolt installation. Please check the backup article
3. Upgrade your system
This commands will trigger an upgrade on your whole RockyLinux system:
$ sudo dnf update
4. Clear the cache
Finally make sure you clear the application cache, to make sure any changes in the database structure are reflected in model cache files:
$ sudo -H -u nginx bash -c "/usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake cache clear_all"
5. Take your site back up
sudo systemctl start nginx
Verifying the status of the application
Optionally, you can login as an administrator and check the status on the healthcheck page:
You can also run the following command:
$ sudo -H -u nginx bash -c "/usr/share/php/passbolt/bin/cake passbolt healthcheck"
If you run into some issues
If you run into some issues:
- Make a copy or screenshot of the errors messages displayed on the screen
- Check for error message in the
- Check for error message in the browser console
- Checkout the previous working version using git
- Drop the database and load your backup data to restore to a previously working version
- Note down the the details of you environment: your OS, php, mysql environment versions.
Where to get help:
- If you are a Passbolt Pro Edition subscriber send us an email with the details.
- If you are a Passbolt Community Edition user you can open new thread on the community forum.
The more information you provide about what you did, what you tried, how your environment look like, the easiest it will be for people to help you.
This article was last updated on November 26th, 2021.