Roles and permissions FAQ
What are the main differences between passbolt resource permissions?
Passbolt offers three permissions at the resource level:
- Owner: can manage share settings, delete, update, read.
- Update: can update the record and delete.
- Read: can only read and use the password metadata and secret.
What happens when you delete a user who is sole owner of a resource shared with a group or user? Does the group/user keeps access to this resource or is it deleted?
When a user, sole owner of a resource, is about to be deleted, a popup window is displayed and passbolt admin will be asked to transfer ownership of the resource to the group or user.
If the deleted user was also the sole group manager, passbolt admin will promote another user of the group as group manager.
What happens when you delete a user who owns non-shared resources?
Unlike shared ones, non-shared resources of a deleted user will be deleted as well.
What is the difference between a group manager and group member?
The group manager is a group member who can add or delete users to a given group, and promote them as another group manager. No more, no less.
It is possible for a group member to share a resource he owns in “read-only” mode with the group. Group manager doesn’t have extra-rights to edit resources ownership.
Who can create a group in passbolt?
Only a passbolt administrator can create groups on passbolt.
Other frequently asked questions in the same category
- How to install and remove browser extensions
- How to create and setup an account
- What can I do if my registration token expired?
- How can I change the profile picture
- How to copy a password to clipboard
- Password basics
- Managing your favorites
- How to share passwords
- How to import passwords from a csv or kdbx file
- How to disable your browser/mobile built-in password manager
- How to use tags (PRO)
- Roles and permissions FAQ
- Roles and permissions
- How to subscribe to the account recovery program?
- How to review an account recovery request
- How to generate an OpenPGP key
- How to recover my passphrase?
- How to recover an account?