How can I recover my passphrase?
Unfortunately it is not possible to reset your private key passphrase if you do not remember the original. Similarly if you have lost your private key and you do not have a backup, you cannot decrypt your passwords anymore.
Sadly, you have lost access to the passwords that you have not yet shared. If you have shared your password with somebody you can create a new account and ask them to share your password back with you.
If you can’t remember your passphrase, the best thing to do is to start anew.
Other frequently asked questions in the same category
- How to install and remove browser extensions
- How to create and setup an account
- How can I recover my passphrase?
- What can I do if my registration token expired?
- How can I change the profile picture
- How to copy a password to clipboard
- Password basics
- Managing your favorites
- How to share passwords
- How to import passwords from a csv or kdbx file