How to export passwords in a csv or kdbx file
How to export passwords in passbolt
- Select the password(s) or the folder(s) you’d like to export.
- If you want to export all the passwords you have access to, you can click on the menu next to “Folders”.
- Click on the “Export” or “Export all” button.
- Choose the right format for the export.
- You will be prompted to enter your passphrase.
- The download will start and you will be able to open the file.
Supported file formats
Passbolt export system supports the following file formats:
- Csv - Lastpass export
- Csv - 1password export
- Csv - Keepass export
- Csv - Dashlane export
- Csv - Nordpass export
- Csv - LogMeOnce export
- Csv - BitWarden export
- Csv - Firefox platforms export (Mozilla Firefox, Waterfox, Pale Moon…)
- Csv - Chromium browsers export (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Brave …)
- Csv - Safari
- Kdbx (file format used by Keepass 2.x, you’ll need to specify a keepass passphrase for the encryption)
If you’d like to request the support of a specific format, you can open a request on the community forum.
Other frequently asked questions in the same category
- How to install and remove browser extensions
- How to create and setup an account
- What can I do if my registration token expired?
- How can I change the profile picture
- How to copy a password to clipboard
- Password basics
- Managing your favorites
- How to share passwords
- How to import passwords from a csv or kdbx file
- How to disable your browser/mobile built-in password manager
- How to use tags (PRO)
- Roles and permissions FAQ
- Roles and permissions
- How to subscribe to the account recovery program?
- How to review an account recovery request
- How to generate an OpenPGP key
- How to recover my passphrase?
- How to recover an account?
- How to export passwords in a csv or kdbx file