How to install and remove browser extensions
Install the Firefox add-on
- Make sure you Firefox version is up to date. We only support the most recent versions.
- Go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/passbolt/
- Click on the “Add to Firefox” button
- Wait until the add-on download is complete
- Click install
- A passbolt icon should now be visible
I did this, but it still does not work!
Sometimes Firefox does not behave as expected and passbolt will not start. We are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it. In the meantime here is what you try:
- Press F5 / refresh the page.
- Close firefox and restart it again.
- Remove the firefox extension and reinstall it again.
If you are still experiencing issues after trying these options out, feel free to get in touch, we would be happy to know more.
How to remove the Firefox extension
Clicking on “remove from toolbar” will only hide passbolt icon and not remove it!
- Open firefox
- Click on the menu icon on the top right
- Click on Add-ons
- You should see passbolt in the list
- Click on the remove button
Other frequently asked questions in the same category
- How to install and remove browser extensions
- How to create and setup an account
- How can I recover my passphrase?
- What can I do if my registration token expired?
- How can I change the profile picture
- How to copy a password to clipboard
- Password basics
- Managing your favorites
- How to share passwords
- How to import passwords from a csv or kdbx file