How to recover an account
The account recovery functionality can be used if you are setting up a passbolt client on a new machine because you lost, upgraded, reinstalled the previous one. You can also use this method to configure a passbolt client on an additional machine.
This procedure can only be completed if you are in possession of an active user account and a copy of the private key associated with that account.
Step 1. In order to recover you will need to go to your domain URL and add
/recover at the end of the url,
Step 2. Complete the form by providing your email address.
Step 3. Follow the link in your mailbox.
Step 4. Follow the recovery steps, which is much like the initial setup. You will need to import your private key.
Step 5. Login!
Other frequently asked questions in the same category
- How to install and remove browser extensions
- How to create and setup an account
- How can I recover my passphrase?
- What can I do if my registration token expired?
- How can I change the profile picture
- How to copy a password to clipboard
- Password basics
- Managing your favorites
- How to share passwords
- How to recover an account
- How to import passwords from a csv or kdbx file