What is the security token?
This token is used to prevent malicious web pages to trick you by mimicking passbolt dialogs in order to steal your data, e.g. to protect your from phishing attacks.
This cue will be shown whenever we ask you for your master password and other sensitive places to help make sure you are dealing with an authentic passbolt dialog and not a fake one!
Other frequently asked questions in the same category
- How can I report a security vulnerability?
- What data is encrypted in passbolt?
- What kind of encryption does passbolt use?
- How does authentication work in passbolt?
- Is open source software less secure?
- Does passbolt support revocation certificates?
- How are public keys trusted?
- What is the security token?
- How can I change my passphrase?
- My secret key and passphrase are compromised, what do I do?
- How to extend a user expired key
- Is it secure to use passbolt?
- Has the code been reviewed?