How can I change my passphrase?
Since version 3.1, you can change your passphrase from passbolt itself.
Before getting started, please note that your passphrase is stored on your device and never sent server side. Changing your passphrase will only change it locally. If you have multiple devices configured, the passphrase will need to be changed in all places individually.
In order to change your passphrase, navigate to Profile Settings > Passphrase. Confirm that you understand what you have to do and press “Start”.
Enter your current passphrase.
Then enter your new passphrase, if possible follow all our recommendations, and press the “Update” button. You can ensure the new passphrase is correct by pressing the eye icon.
Your passphrase is now updated, and you will be prompted to download a backup of your private key encrypted with it. Be sure to keep it in a safe place, it will be needed in case of an account recovery.
Other frequently asked questions in the same category
- How can I report a security vulnerability?
- What data is encrypted in passbolt?
- What kind of encryption does passbolt use?
- How does authentication work in passbolt?
- Is open source software less secure?
- Does passbolt support revocation certificates?
- How are public keys trusted?
- What is the security token?
- How can I change my passphrase?
- My secret key and passphrase are compromised, what do I do?
- How to extend a user expired key
- Is it secure to use passbolt?
- Has the code been reviewed?