Why should I install haveged on virtual environments?
Passbolt uses Gnupg as the encryption engine. Encryption operations such as creating a private key require an enough amount of entropy on the system’s entropy pool. A good and fast source of entropy is important to generate high quality random numbers. Poor quality on the random numbers could lead to weak private keys that could compromise the security of your setup. Random number generation is a complex topic that has been discussed widely on the community 
Virtualisation strongly affects the quantity of produced entropy and. In other words, when you run a virtualised system such as a virtual machine or a container you likely will find yourself in a situation where the entropy pool is low and it is filling slowly. There are few remediations for this situation:
- Use rng-tools if you trust your hardware random number generator
- If rng-tools is not enough then use Haveged as well.
Other frequently asked questions in the same category
- How to install passbolt server
- How to make passbolt backups
- How can I update my passbolt server?
- What are the minimum server requirements?
- Does passbolt provide hosting?
- Where can I get help for installation issues?
- Why do I see an unsafe mode banner in the footer?
- Why are my emails not being sent?
- Why should I install haveged on virtual environments?
- How to update my subscription key