How to update my subscription key
For Passbolt version 3.2 and higher, you can update your subscription key on the web interface directly, using the administration panel.
For Passbolt version prior to 3.2, the command line is the only way to update your subscription key, as described below.
Using administration panel
Navigate to administration > Subscription and click on the “Update key” button.
A pop-up will appear and you will be able to import your new subscription key
You are now able to see your subscription details:
From command line
All the commands provided below should be done from inside your passbolt directory.
$ cd /var/www/passbolt
Passbolt Pro currently does not provide a UI to manage subscription keys.
To update your subscription key, you need to replace your previous subscription key with the new one.
In passbolt, the subscription key is stored in
To replace the existing subscription key with the new one:
$ cp -u path_to_your_new_subscription_key config/license
To check if the operation was successful and if the new subscription key is valid:
$ bin/cake passbolt license_check
If your key is valid, this command will display the passbolt logo and the subscription key details, as in the example below:
root@c6a4f37958b4:/var/www/passbolt# ./bin/cake passbolt license_check ____ __ ____ / __ \____ _____ ____/ /_ ____ / / /_ / /_/ / __ `/ ___/ ___/ __ \/ __ \/ / __/ / ____/ /_/ (__ |__ ) /_/ / /_/ / / / /_/ \__,_/____/____/_.___/\____/_/\__/ Open source password manager for teams --------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks for choosing Passbolt Pro Below are your subscription key details Customer id: xxxxxx Users limit: 150 (currently: 43) Valid from: May 6, 2020 Expires on: May 6, 2021 (in 385 days)
Other frequently asked questions in the same category
- How to install passbolt server
- How to make passbolt backups
- How can I update my passbolt server?
- What are the minimum server requirements?
- Does passbolt provide hosting?
- Where can I get help for installation issues?
- Why do I see an unsafe mode banner in the footer?
- Why are my emails not being sent?
- Why should I install haveged on virtual environments?
- How to update my subscription key
- Why am I getting ldap synchronization issues?
- How to increase auto logout time?
- Firewall rules
- How to generate JWT key pair manually
- Troubleshoot Docker
- How to migrate from HTTP to HTTPS
- How to use docker rootless images
- How to import SSL certificate on mobile application
- Troubleshoot SSL
- How to rotate server GPG keys
- iOS / Android Mobile FAQ
- How to install passbolt in non-interactive mode?
- Troubleshoot Helm
- How to set up NTP
- Docker Secrets