How to increase auto logout time?
By default passbolt uses the PHP session duration setting to define when the auto logout should kick in. If the default session timeout is too short for you and your user you can extend it in the PHP configuration.
See the directive session.gc-maxlifetime
In order to change this number you must locate your
php.ini file. Its location depends on your
operating system and php versions.
For example on Debian if you are using Nginx and PHP 7.3 it will be in
/etc/php/7.3/fpm/php.ini, using Debian 8 on nApache it will be located in
Once located replace the
1440 timout value in seconds with for example
2700 for 45 minutes:
; After this number of seconds, stored data will be seen as 'garbage' and ; cleaned up by the garbage collection process. ; http://php.net/session.gc-maxlifetime session.gc_maxlifetime = 2700
Other frequently asked questions in the same category
- How to install passbolt server
- How to make passbolt backups
- How can I update my passbolt server?
- What are the minimum server requirements?
- Does passbolt provide hosting?
- Where can I get help for installation issues?
- Why do I see an unsafe mode banner in the footer?
- Why are my emails not being sent?
- Why should I install haveged on virtual environments?
- How to update my subscription key
- How to increase auto logout time?