How does it work?
In a nutshell:
- Ada has a password to share with betty
- Ada encrypts the password using passbolt plugin and Betty public key
- The password is sent encrypted over HTTPS to the server
- The password is stored on the passbolt server
- Betty receives and email notification
- Betty logs in to passbolt
- Betty using her private key decrypts the password and uses it to login!
Other frequently asked questions in the same category
- What is passbolt?
- Why do I need a password manager?
- How does it work?
- How is passbolt different from other password managers?
- Is sharing the same password with multiple users a bad practice?
- I need a personal password manager, can I use passbolt?
- Why do I need a browser extension?
- When will you be releasing feature X or Y?
- How to you prioritize feature development?
- Where can I get help?